The Central Times

Central Hardin JROTC Raiders – Ohio County Meet Champions

Back to Article
Back to Article

Courtesy of Roland Haun
Bruin Raider Team members (l-r) Matthew Yates, Cole Vinton, Timothy Newton, Halli Hardesty, and Luke Nipper demonstrate teamwork in Log Pull. The team repeated as champions at the Ohio County Raider Meet by finishing over 2 minutes ahead of the next team.

Courtesy of Roland Haun

Courtesy of Roland Haun

Courtesy of Roland Haun

The Bruin varsity Raider team defeated 15 teams to capture the overall championship at the 3rd Annual Ohio County Raider Meet.  The varsity team defended their championship against the best teams from Kentucky. The meet included the following 7 events: 10 x 400 meter relay run, log sit-ups, ½ mile weighted ruck sack and duffle bag run, HMMWV push, obstacle course, litter-water cans-tires-log pull relays, and rope climb.

A large number of family and friends traveled to Hartford, KY, on 20 October to support the Central Hardin Bruin teams.  The average time of the varsity division was 59 minutes and 50 seconds. The Bruin varsity finished with a time of 45:50 to beat the next team by over 2 minutes.  The JV team finished 6th overall with a time of 56:44 and finished the year undefeated in the JV division.

The male and co-ed teams will represent Kentucky and the 7th Brigade on 3 November at the Army JROTC Raider Nationals in Molena, GA.  The Bruins finished 8th overall in the male division last year and will enter the co-ed division for the first time.

Courtesy of Roland Haun

Courtesy of Roland Haun
Central Hardin JROTC Raider JV team competes in the Litter Relay at the Ohio County Raider Meet on 20 October. Bruin Cadets (l-r) Clayton Hockman, Isaac Kraan, Jamie Plant, Jason Lei-Sam, and Brandon Robb sprint towards the finish line.