The Central Times

ACT Inspiration

Former teachers wish juniors good luck, Yates crushes Corley in bubble battle

Assistant+principal+Chastity+Yates+takes+off+her+bubble+suit+to+see+the+damage+done+to+assistant+principal+Dan+Corley.+Yates%2C+representing+the+Class+of+2020%2C+crushed+Corley%2C+representing+the+Class+of+2019%2C+in+a+bubble+suit+fight.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

ACT Inspiration

Assistant principal Chastity Yates takes off her bubble suit to see the damage done to assistant principal Dan Corley. Yates, representing the Class of 2020, crushed Corley, representing the Class of 2019, in a bubble suit fight.

Over the last few weeks, as juniors prepared to take the ACT on March 12, a whole team of faculty and staff were doing some preparation of their own.

In order to motivate students for the test, teachers and staff organized an assembly where juniors enjoyed popcorn, watched a video, cheered on assistant principal Chastity Yates in a bubble suit fight, and heard motivational messages from coach Tyler Mattingly and principal Tim Isaacs. 

Videos from Creekside, G.C. Burkhead, Lakewood, Lincoln Trail, St. James, East Hardin, and West Hardin were compiled into one to show at the rally to let the Class of 2020 know that their former teachers believed in them. 

Yates faced off with fellow assistant principal Dan Corley in a bubble suit match, in which she represented the Class of 2020 and he represented the Class of 2019. This year’s junior class goal is to beat last year’s composite score of 20 with at least a 21.  

The rally ended with reminders from Yates and motivational words from Mattingly and Isaacs.