Central Football to Face North During District Tournament

Reagan Reed, Staff Writer

This Friday is our second game against North this season and it’s more personal than ever. After a very impressive winning streak of eight games in a row, North Hardin defeated us with a very disappointing score of  0-7. This loss was not received well by the team or the students, as all of us had hopes of an undefeated season, considering the way things were going. It also just builds the school rivalry even further between us and North, as we’re currently the two best football teams in the region. 

After that game, our team was off their game, and the defeat was stuck in their heads, which may have led to their loss the next game against South Oldham. Now, we’re fresh off a win at home last week against Meade County and are ready to reclaim our spot as the best team in the region.

Despite the cold weather forecast, many students have already said they’re going to show out and support the Bruins this Friday at North to cheer on the players. This energy from the crowd and our team’s hard work and determination should lead us to a win on Friday.

This is a really important season to the seniors, and after the very disappointing season we had last year, this win could mean everything to them. It could very well be the last game of the season, the last game of their high school career. The team is going to leave everything on the field, and they’re going to do whatever they can to be the best team in the region.

Please come out and support the bruins this Friday at North Hardin! The theme is black out, so dress up to show your school spirit!