Bruins Face Taylor County in the First Round of Regions

Courtesy of Mallory Reed

Seniors Mallory Reed and Monica Lindsey against Bardstown High School

Eli Thompson, Staff Writer

It was a tough loss for the Bruins on Friday night to our rival, the Elizabethtown Panthers. It’s hard enough playing against your rival but even harder when they have a home-court advantage.

The Bruins lost 64-59, which doesn’t seem too bad, but it was a rough performance from the Bruins. They shot 26% from the floor and 50% from the free-throw line. They might have not played the best, but it won’t be enough to hold them back against Taylor County

Although the Bruins lost, they still get to play in the Region tournament because of the way the tournament is set up. We face off against Taylor County, who is 18-12 on the season. The game will be played at North Hardin High School.

The Bruins are 22-6 led by point guard Monica Lindsey, who is averaging 19.8 points per game, and her sister Alyssa Lindsey who is averaging 12.6 points per game.

The Bruins are shooting 36.5% from the field and have four players who average 5 or more rebounds per game.

This is going to be a tough game for the Bruins but nothing they can’t handle. The winner of Central and Taylor County will go on to play either Bethlehem or Larue County on Friday at 8:30 p.m. 

The Bruins will have to show up and play hard after coming off a loss, but we shouldn’t expect anything less of the best from this Bruin team.