Need college information?

College Visit Days now available to seniors during Power Hour.

Dailey Harris

Since Aug. 1, many college applications in the United States have opened. While seniors progress through the school year and are beginning their college search, they now have to make a significant decision on choosing their dream college.

According to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), seniors should soon begin looking for different colleges they plan to attend.

In the KHEAA Getting In Class of 2019 information book, students should choose a college based on their preferences, such as the college’s size, distance from home, major program choices, and cost for attending.

While seniors are considering different college options, the challenge is receiving information about local colleges. Senior counselor Chris Adams has now provided a solution.

Seniors are allowed to attend College Information Days here at Central Hardin during Power Hour, where local colleges provide information to students that are considering to attend. Whether you want information about the school’s class size or different fun on-campus activities, you can talk to Admissions Advisors from these schools.

The college information sessions will be during Power Hour, and there will be time allotted for schools to talk one-on-one with Seniors.

According to Adams, it is important to check out the colleges through the College Information Days or visit the college yourself before you make your final choice.

“Would you buy a car without test driving a car?” Adams asked. “If you are going to spend six or seven thousand dollars more for a car, and you are going to be spending fifteen to twenty-five thousand or more a year, or fours of college. You want to make sure it is somewhere you want to be.”  

Adams encourages seniors to look at the information provided by the colleges they choose.

“To go to a school without ever having set foot on the campus would be a scary thought,” Adams said.

Choosing a college to attend should be taken into deep thought and should not be a random guess. Seniors now have the option to get educated on their Dream School, rather than being in the dark during an important decision they need to make.

The current dates for College Information Days are below:

Sept. 11        University of Alabama at Huntsville

Sept. 17        Bellarmine University

Sept. 27        University of Kentucky

Oct. 16          Western Kentucky University

For more information, you can look at Senior counselor Chris Adams’s website: http://www.hardin.k12.ky.us/olc/39/page/2022