The Central Times

Varsity JROTC Raiders improve record to 20-1

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Bruin team of (l-r) William Edwards, Isaac Kraan, George Merinich, Rowdy Houser, Nicholas Ellis, Trevor Eck, Jamie Plant, and Samuel Sexton compete in the Log Sit-ups at the Allen County-Scottsville High School Patriot Challenge.

Courtesy of Roland Haun

Courtesy of Roland Haun

Courtesy of Roland Haun

The Central Hardin Bruin JROTC Raider Teams finished with the school best combined times at the Allen County-Scottsville High School Patriot Challenge.  The teams completed the course with a combined time of 2 hours 41 minutes, 43 minutes ahead of the next school. The Bruins won the Junior Varsity Division and placed 2nd in the Varsity Division. The meet featured 15 Army JROTC teams from TN and KY.  

The Bruin JV team completed the course in the time of 1 hour 32 minutes, 19 minutes faster than the next team.  The varsity team was the only team to finish the course under 70 minutes, but due to penalties placed 2nd overall.

The Bruins compete next on 22 September at Ft Knox where they hope to repeat as overall champions.  The varsity team is 20-1 this year and has placed 1st or 2nd in each of the previous 4 competitions at Ft Knox.   

Courtesy of Roland Haun
The Bruin team of (l-r) Timothy Newton, Kyra Latham, Josh Plant, Logan Cecil, Cole Vinton, Kaleb Hildabrand, Matthew Yates, Halli Hardesty, Tyler Ellis, and Justin Johnson compete in the Relays at the Allen County-Scottsville High School Patriot Challenge.

Courtesy of Roland Haun

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Varsity JROTC Raiders improve record to 20-1”

1. sophia torres on September 21st, 2018 1:31 pm

its great to hear about good news that happens within the high school community! will there ever be a raider meet at central?

2. Jilliann Sanchez on September 24th, 2018 11:23 am

Great question! I will get the schedule and post it on the website for you to see!

3. Tyler Ellis on September 25th, 2018 9:02 am

There are no more raider meets at CHHS. the next will be at Ohio County in October

4. Mary williams on October 24th, 2018 5:43 pm

The raiders are doing an amazing job. I’m proud of the raiders team. Keep up the good work. GO RAIDERS GO!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Varsity JROTC Raiders improve record to 20-1

News

Central students accepted into GSA and GSP

News

Spring Madness is here

News

BADD Club offers help to anyone in need

News

Students to share projects at 110th NAACP anniversary event on March 19

News

Yearbook quote and senior ads due Friday

News

ACT Inspiration

News

New Contributing Writer

News

Bruin JROTC hosts Hardin County Drill Cup

News

Academic Team advances to state!

News

School nurses speak on school ‘clinic’

The Student News Site of Central Hardin High School