FBLA Wraps Up Summer and Kicks Off 2023-24 Year

Here’s How to Sign Up
Centrals FBLA attends the fall regional conference on Sept. 7. Students were given the chance to learn more about FBLA, specifically club activities and officer positions.
Central’s FBLA attends the fall regional conference on Sept. 7. Students were given the chance to learn more about FBLA, specifically club activities and officer positions.
Christopher Greene

FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, is a club intended to prepare students for business or employment opportunities after high school. Opportunities within the club include community service, learning labs, field trips, and competitions. Central has a chapter in this nationwide club (sponsored by Mr. Greene), and has been hard at work in recent months.

The Bruins of FBLA qualified for the national level of competition this past June, earning 12th place, and this year’s club has similar goals in mind. At freshman open house this past July 31, the officers set up a recruitment station. It proved to be successful; as of now, they have 68 participating students – over double the 31 members from last year. They are aiming for 100 this year. The club also attended the Fall Regional Conference this September.

This last month or so has consisted of much planning for the club. A few events to look forward to this fall include FBLA Week, princess/superhero fundraiser, movie night, blanket and stuffed animal donations, and more to be posted. So far this year, our chapter has completed officer sign-ups, sent the competitive sign-up sheet, and created the chapter t-shirt design.

Greene is still accepting new members this year. The fee is $25 to join. Forms for application and other information can be acquired through Greene, room 205.