The Central Times

Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

Dailey Harris

Starting in September 2018, Mr. Isaacs will be offering a challenge to the student body each month. View the video to find out more, and click on the comment section below to participate in the challenge.

About the Videographer
Dailey Harris, Staff Member

Hi, I am Dailey Harris and I am a Central Times Staff Member. I have been a part of the Central Times Newspaper for two years. This year, my focus is to...

56 Comments

56 Responses to “Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month”

1. Danielle Nelson on September 26th, 2018 10:36 pm

Jenasys Mullen is always going out of her way to make someone smile or pick someone up from having a bad day. She can put a smile on your face no matter what.

2. Angel Dupin on September 27th, 2018 1:34 pm

Heather Dupin picks helps me to pick up my backpack and when I dropped my stuff she picks it up for me.

3. Lauren Wilson on September 27th, 2018 8:13 pm

My friend, Kayla Wilson, recently went out of her way to make cards with encouraging messages to ensure people had a good day.

4. Alanna Wiedeman on September 28th, 2018 8:35 am

Angel Wooton is always upbeat and very caring. I would like to nominate Angel Wooton because she is such a great and friendly person. She always checks on people even if she is not friends with them or close to them.

5. Cody Moore on September 28th, 2018 8:35 am

Chase Elmore is always going out of his way to help kids who are down and he always helps with special needs kids with anything they need. He is a great leader on and off the field/court.

6. Jilliann Sanchez on September 28th, 2018 8:35 am

i would like to nominate Allie Blair because she has been so kind to me when i decided to join FFA late in the year she sent me information gave me a skirt to wear sat by me at the first meeting and made sure i felt involved it meant so much to me

7. Connor Packman on September 28th, 2018 8:35 am

I believe I should nominate Alyssa Davis because she is a nice, caring student. She also happens to be my girlfriend. xd

8. Bradley Edwards on September 28th, 2018 8:36 am

I would like to nominate Kaylan Woosley for her wonderful words of kindness and dedication to lift others up. When life feels rough or tough, she is always a person you can depend on to be there, to talk to and to receive advice.

9. Karissa Dingess on September 28th, 2018 8:36 am

Sara Mays is one of the kindest people I could meet. She always knows how to put a smile on your face and she never fails to be a friend to everyone. Sara shows her kindness with her friendliness and positivity. I can always count on her when i am feeling down.

10. Crosse Ramirez on September 28th, 2018 8:36 am

Joe Kiger always makes sure to include other people in his conversations and does not shut down someone who has an opinion opposite of him, no matter how severe

11. Kayla Slaubaugh on September 28th, 2018 8:36 am

This month, Tori (Victoria) Mayes has met this challenge. She and I were talking about a student who has been the victim of bullying and has been going through a lot. Later on that day, she came into the band room during power hour and told me how she saw that student sitting alone at lunch in the cafeteria and she sat with him and just talked with him and asked how he was doing.

12. Alex Deweese on September 28th, 2018 8:37 am

Bryce Carman helps include everyone when we are in physics so no one feels like they have no friends in the class when it is a harder class to get through

13. Heather Rigdon on September 28th, 2018 8:37 am

Allie Blair is the nicest person I have ever met. She always goes out her way to make sure everyone around her is smiling and that everyone is involved in the conversation.

14. wyatt miller on September 28th, 2018 8:37 am

Elizabeth Hayes is always willing to support someone when they’re down and help them out. She helps people work out problems and at the same time comforts them and makes them feel better.

15. Kayla Perdue on September 28th, 2018 8:38 am

Sydni Lawson is always trying her hardest to help if you are having a bad day and wants to try and cheer you up

16. Raegan Morrison on September 28th, 2018 8:38 am

Ella Lewis can always make feel better in any situation. She is great. I love her.

17. Isabella Knight on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

Joe Kiger is always so kind to everyone. He never judges anyone, tries to help others, and is honestly the nicest person I think I have ever met.

18. Conner S. Thompson on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

Kayla Slaubaugh is a good person, she’s very kind to everyone and has a good heart.

19. Jaxon Robinson on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

I nominate Annalise Tilley of the senior class. She just a great person to be around. Not only is she kind to everyone she talks to, but she also goes out of her way to make sure everyone smiles at least once a day.

20. Kayla Slaubaugh on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

Kayla is always very kind, a good person, and she prevents others from getting bullied. She also stops the bullies as well.

21. Taylor Blakeman on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

Sophia Ramirez- literally the nicest person I’ve ever met. She’s always checking up on her friends to make sure they’re alright and doing well. She’s great at making you laugh when you are down and overall a very generous person.

22. ezekiel fothergill on September 28th, 2018 8:39 am

Jackson Robinson is always kind, and he is nice to everyone he meets. Although we are not very close friends I feel like if I needed to tell him something he would be right there. He thinks of others before himself, which is why I think he would be a good candidate for the challenge.

23. Chase Conner on September 28th, 2018 8:40 am

Kayla Slaubaugh because she stands up for people.

24. Angel Wooton on September 28th, 2018 8:40 am

Paige Pence is a person who is always going out of her way to make someone happy. She is the type of person who when she’s smiling, everyone around her is smiling. she can brighten a room faster than anyone I know

25. Brianna Utley on September 28th, 2018 8:41 am

Gracie Kinnard is always a good friend to me and other people, she goes out of her way to talk to me if she knows I´m upset about something.

26. Peyton Beger on September 28th, 2018 8:43 am

Kaci Goedde is one of the nicest people i’ve ever met. She is never talking bad about anyone and is always caring for others. She is there when anyone needs to talk and always gives good advice.

27. Raylen Fackler on September 28th, 2018 11:00 am

During a time of hardship at our school, Leilani Lei-Sam has put her own self away and comforted those who were grieving at the time.

28. Brandon Bay-asen on September 28th, 2018 11:00 am

Daniel Harris holds a special place in my heart as one of the best people I’ve ever had the luck of meeting. People can always depend on him when they need help with something and he actively helps those struggles with obstacles around him. I can’t think of anyone who is better.

29. Chris King on September 28th, 2018 11:00 am

William Able decided to stay after school to help decorate the senior hallway when not many other people wanted to stay and help.

30. Zoe McCarthy on September 28th, 2018 11:01 am

Alloria Fraysier is such a kind and wonderful soul. In theatre, choir, and any class you have with her, she is always willing to help with whatever you are struggling with. She gets excited with you when you have good news and will be the shoulder you need to cry on. She has a heart of gold and an old soul you can’t help but what to get to know.

31. Hunter Woosley on September 28th, 2018 11:01 am

Jackson Flanagan because he’s always complimenting someone or asking them how their day was going. He’s just generally a kind person and goes out of his way to make someone’s day.

32. Alana Patterson on September 28th, 2018 11:02 am

I think that Jackson Flannigan (sorry if his last names spelled wrong) has be great about trying to organize study groups for our Calculus class and have everyone help each other succeed.

33. Sydni Lawson on September 28th, 2018 11:02 am

William Abel has gone out of his way to help out the senior class in decorating the hallway, helping other students in class, and participating in everything he can.

34. Carter Lange on September 28th, 2018 11:02 am

I nominate Joseph Mikiten for the September challenge. He included someone in our group during power hour because they were sitting by themselves. He made them feel included in our conversation. He’s an all-around good guy.

35. Sebastian Navakuku on September 28th, 2018 11:03 am

Hunter Clark always stays positive and does his best to spread the positive vibes. He wants nothing other than to get through the day with a smile and make his parents proud.

36. Kelsie Stilwell on September 28th, 2018 11:03 am

I would like to nominate Alloria Frayser. Alloria always goes out of her way to make someone smile or to help someone or the school. Alloria helps the school by bringing school spirit to the pep rallies and games. She is such a sweet, caring person that deserves to be recognized for her actions.

37. William Abel on September 28th, 2018 11:04 am

Sydni Lawson has been a very good friend for the longest time and has always shared stuff like food with people around her to make them happier.

38. Bridget Denning on September 28th, 2018 11:04 am

I’d like to nominate Laine Gaddie. She has recently been aiding the special needs students and is interested in music therapy with them

39. Ashlee Clark on September 28th, 2018 11:04 am

Anaya Steele always has a smile on her face and tries to be there for everyone. When she is around, it feels like the atmosphere is lighter.

40. Alexis Fraser on September 28th, 2018 11:04 am

Kayden Larg because he always shows the special needs kids love and affection. He also treats them like a regular person and is so nice

41. Lexie Jones on September 28th, 2018 11:05 am

William Abel has always gone out of his way not only for our class as a whole for individuals. Hes a great friend always making me laugh.

42. Tony Kovalsky on September 28th, 2018 11:06 am

Alexis Cline can and will always try her hardest to make your day brighter. Her kind personality and gentle touch really makes life better.

43. Ryan Bibb on September 28th, 2018 12:24 pm

Jack Bibb should win this. Jack Bibb is a very caring person and brother. He is nice,reliable, hilarious, and caring. To start, Jack is always there for me when I need him. He is always there to help. He also gets me out of bad moods with his witty sense of humor. He helps me and other people with many things including baseball, art, school, and social experiences.

44. Oni Terrado on September 28th, 2018 12:29 pm

Jack Bibb is an outstanding person overall. When you are with him, he will always make you smile and have a good laugh. He is very compassionate person, who will drop everything for you. For example, when his brother’s friend and his brother were preparing for their baseball game. He helped them improve their swing and mental approach to the plate. He did this although he had his school work, from the Early College Program, to do. In conclusion, Jack Bibb is a joy to be around, he does selfless acts towards his friends, family, and random people he meets.

45. Alexis Puckett on September 28th, 2018 1:18 pm

I nominate Anaya Steele because she came up to me when i was a new person and took me in and let me be in her friend group. She always checks up on me and is there for me when i need her. She will talk to anyone and help out anyone. She has been my greatest role model but also my hero.

46. Jordyn Shive on September 28th, 2018 1:19 pm

I nominate Sadie Barratt, she is an all out great person and she didn’t even know me and she saw me and wanted to talk and get to know me. She is really sweet and tries her hardest to make people happy.

47. Leah Smith on September 28th, 2018 1:19 pm

I haven’t known this girl for 2 months, and she’s one of the best friends i’ve ever had. Alyssa King is her name. I mean she’s definitely insane, but it’s ok because i’m like 47 times more insane.

48. Mersadie (Sadie) Barratt on September 28th, 2018 1:22 pm

Alexis Cline and she always makes sure I am okay and helps me in any time of need

49. Jaidian Mancias on September 28th, 2018 1:23 pm

I would like to nominate Savannah Stewart for being my best friend and always taking care of me, and not just me, others too. She will take whatever she has left and give to whoever is in need. She’s a very selfless, loving, caring person. The world definitely needs more people like her.

50. Kimberly Hagan on September 28th, 2018 1:29 pm

I’d like to nominate Vivian Russell. She’s not a student, but she’s made a bigger impact on my life than anyone I’ve met since I moved here. She helped me to feel comfortable after moving here and not knowing anyone. I struggled a lot during my junior year, but Mrs. Russell was always willing to help me, even when the subject I was struggling with wasn’t hers. She even helped me organize my messy book bag. I’m not in her class this year, but she always greets me in the hallways and is happy to see me. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met, and deserves recognition.

51. Tyra Hack on October 11th, 2018 9:29 am

I would like to nominate Rachel Cummins. She is the most beautiful and outgoing person i know. We were both worried about a kid who was having home troubles and he was typing about it on his computer. So we both talked to our teacher to make sure he was okay and there wasn’t something seriously wrong. It turned out he was fine he was just going through a lot. I just would like to nominate her because she is always caring to anyone even if she doesn’t know you. Our peers will always come first i always have open arms for someone because little things like that could save someones life.

52. Autumn Cunningham on October 11th, 2018 10:00 am

I nominate Brady Reynolds. He constantly makes those around him feel important. We’ve had conversations about how nobody is a better person than the next. He’s explained to me that all people should be treated the same, no matter who they are. He makes sure that nobody is ever left out and always tries to connect to anyone he meets. He constantly brings positive vibes into a room and cheer people up, even if it’s just a ,”Hey!”, in the hallway. Brady is a perfect example of a genuinely nice person!!

53. Leanda Muse on October 11th, 2018 10:06 am

I nominate Zavion (Zay) Jackson. Zay is one of the nicest people I know. He is always laughing and smiling. He always gives out positive energy, whether it be him singing and dancing or him just joking around with his peers. Also, he tries really hard in school and he will help anyone that does not understand the subject being taught. He’s very caring and supportive of all of his peers.

54. Joe Kiger on October 11th, 2018 10:39 am

Jack Kisselbaugh is a kind fellow. He’s very outgoing and good at making people feel comfortable. He’s a great people person and does a nice job of including people that have a hard time feeling included.

55. Dan Townsend on October 12th, 2018 9:07 am

Sadie Barratt and Alexis Cline are always kind and friendly in my class, but they are the same outside of school too! When I stop in Burger King with my sons, both girls are always super friendly and have smiles on their faces! One night my son went through the drive through with my brother, and Sadie still recognized him and was happy to see him, even though he wasn’t with me! #JustBeFriendly

56. Emily Satterly on October 12th, 2018 10:43 am

Donna Chambers is such a good person. She is so sweet to everyone and shes always someone you can go to if you have a problem. She sticks up for anyone she sees being bullied or made fun of. I really think she deserves some gratitude for her kindheartedness

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Paying respects to those who served!

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Are you a good student? PBIS has a reward for you!

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

HCS officials explain district’s religion policy

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Looking to share your artwork? Art Club has an opportunity for you!

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Isaacs’ September Challenge Winners

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Bruin cap and gown get an upgrade

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Foreign Exchange students get up close and personal with Maroon 5

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Mayoral forum catches student attention

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

Say Thank You

• Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month

News

How to win spirit week

The Student News Site of Central Hardin High School
Isaacs’ Challenge of the Month