CKCF Scholarships

CKCF+Scholarships

Lauren Powell, Writer

If you’re a freshman, sophomore, or a junior,  it’s never too early to be considering how to pay for college if you plan to attend. If you believe you might need financial assistance, there’s an organization here in Kentucky that could help you out when you become a senior.

Central Kentucky Community Foundation is a philanthropic organization based in Central Kentucky. The organization helps those in the community give back through scholarships and funds set up for students. CKFC works directly with its donors to offer a more effective giving experience. As they are a local organization, they have extensive knowledge of issues in the community, including services in “human services, education, the environment, recreation, health care, the arts, and economic development,” and claim to “have a finger on the pulse of the community.” CKCF brings together people and organizations to provide a variety of perspectives on local issues. Areas of their service include Meade, Breckinridge, Grayson, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Nelson, Washington, and Marion county here in Kentucky.

New scholarships are added every year. In 2021, over $300,000 was given out to students for their academic endeavors. With their application, applying for scholarships and other grants is very easy. Beginning on January 1st, students can start applying for one of their many scholarships, and applications end on March 1st.  Students will need an official transcript, their SAT and or ACT scores, or a copy of their SAR when completing the FAFSA. Some applications will need further documentation, but this will be listed when applying. If applications meet requirements, the student may receive the scholarship. Any amounts awarded may change each year. 

http://ckcf4people.org/scholarships/applying-for-a-scholarship/

Our very own CHHS students who won one or more scholarships through CKCF this year:

Avery Shoulders

Benjamin Hobbs

Braden Dennison

Breanna Vessels

Cara Maisel

Carlee Perry 

Caroline Haydon

Chad Wilson

Ciera Bayasen

Elijah Smith

Emily Pike

Gavin Gray

Gavin Gray

Hannah Yates

Hayden Ash

Haylie Bogan

Howard Carter

Kaden Fergerson

Kaleigh Cross

Madeline Burba

Madeline Stevens

Madyson Jones

Michael Kirkpatrick

Natalie Williams

Patricia Keys

Reagan De Rosa

Reagan Reed

Riley Grace

Seth Holbrook

Stephen Larkin

Sydney Dover

Tate Lewis

Wilson King